Utah turned out to be loads of fun. So much fun that I stayed an extra day. Poor Rob had to go back to work alone. We didn't do a whole lot, just all hung out together and laughed at the silly kids.
Mel had her wedding dress out and all the girls just had to try the veil on. Chase was a good sport and took a turn as well.
Monday morning we stopped by the West Point cemetery to visit some family graves. While Saturday and Sunday were a bit rainy, Monday was the perfect day to be outside! We really missed Tyler and his family though.
After the cemetery we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for breakfast with the whole big family. It was really nice to be able to see everyone while we were in town. Following breakfast we took the trip out to Antelope Island...Rob was thrilled!! Too bad he had to leave half was through the trip in order to catch his plane. He also missed the buffalo sightings, which happened right after his departure. Apparently next time we visit he plans to spend an entire day out there. As you can imagine, I am counting down the days. :)
We visited the 'beach' and did a little rock skipping and wading. I got a killer of a sunburn. You'd think after all these years as a redhead, I would have the sunblock thing down. Apparently not!
The water was SO far away from the shore...it was quite the trek back up, especially in the deep sand!





5 comments:
Better watch out, Rob just might want to move out here!
Looks like you guys really had a lot of fun!! Hopefully, someday we can come up and do it again !! We miss all of you guys!!
We had such a great time with you guys and miss you already. I am really planning a trip up there. We will have to get together and see when a good time will be. Hope your sunburn is doing better. Love you guys
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I bet it was nice to spend time with your family!
How fun for you guys. I am glad that you got to go to Antelope Island. :) Looks like fun. And holy cow... Jordan has grown tons! Does it make me old to think of him as your little brother and picture them all playing basketball in your driveway?
Post a Comment