Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Snooper

As I was browsing the MSN homepage my eye stopped on this picture and the caption next to it

BEST PLACES TO SNOOP ON CO-WORKERS

It just so happens that I have the biggest snoop of a co-worker in my very own office. I will here on out refer to that person as Snoopy. I am intrigued by the site of this photo and decided to see if MSN's version of a snoop has any similarities with my nosy office mate. The name of their article is Best Places to Eavesdrop. As I am reading this, I think that it must have been written by Snoopy, only in his/her amateur days. Some points in this article mirror the exact tactics Snoopy used in his/her early days of employment with us. He/she has since graduated to much more advanced practices...only he/she attempts to disguise his/her nosiness as concern. It's the worst!!

As coincidence would have it, just as I am reading this article Snoopy sneakily, silently enters my office...looking at my computer screen the whole time, which he/she does quite often. My office is a big square with a corner desk, so my back is to the door and my computer screen is open for anyone behind me to see. I usually keep my door half open, so this provides a little bit of privacy. Not that I should need it because I am an incredibly dedicated employee who never uses the internet for anything other than work. This is clearly evident as I am blogging at work. :) Yeah, that is a whole different story. Anyway, I notice Snoopy is there, and swing around in my chair and ask him/her what he/she wants. Snoopy, holding a file I had earlier asked for, has the nerve to comment with a chuckle on the article I was reading. Word for word, this is exactly what Snoopy said to me

"Some people have no sense of others' privacy. Luckily we don't have a problem with that in our office."

I stare back at him/her with a blank look for about five seconds. That is actually a long time to stare with no speaking! I then give a slight roll my eyes, grab the file, curtly thank him/her for the file and swivel back around in my chair. Ugh, I so wish I had an office where the desk faced the door instead of away from it! Oh, and maybe a different co-worker...is that too negative of me??? :)

2 comments:

Sodermoto said...

You are entirely too patient. This person has been bugging you for months and months and months. I can't believe you are still putting up with their crap! lol I can just imagine your blank face looking at Snoopy for the 5 seconds and that alone makes me chuckle. You have a special spot in heaven for putting up with Snoopy! :)

Alisha said...

I saw Alane today and she was talking to me about this post. She also said that you talked about Snoopy when she was there visiting. I vote you just out the person! Or tell them to their face they bug the hell out of you!