Monday, November 3, 2008

Dearest Daddy-O

Doesn't my Dad look dashing in a tux?! I think so! :)
It's amazing how moving away has brought me that much closer to my Dad. Perhaps it's also just me growing up? Over the years I have realized what I great friend my Dad is to me. Sure we can make small talk as good as anyone else, but I feel that I can really talk to him about things that are important to me, which I don't do with many people. He is incredibly real with me, which I appreciate immensely. I always assumed that I was more like my Mom than Dad, but as I get older I notice more and more things about myself that are defnintely Dad-like, and I embrace them. I really treasure the relationship that we have together.
He was a pretty cute kid too.

I love you Dad. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Sodermoto said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Every time I drive in Roy I look to see if he is at work. It is just part of the ride: drive by Smith's, drive past Central Park, look over to see if Dave is at work. My mom told me just yesterday that she looks every time she drives home. lol Anyways Happy Birthday, Dave!