Thursday, August 21, 2008

Let's get *flashy* (like a camera flash...get it?)

I decided to add some pictures of us to our page and set out on a mission to find some. Sadly, I found very few. In the nearly decade (okay, that is a slight exaggeration, but we are almost there if you round up :) )that we have been together we have maybe two dozen pictures of ourselves together and only a third of them are actually decent. We do a lot of those ones where we pose together and then reach out our arm to take the picture ourself. This usually results in a picture with the inside halves of both of our faces...certainly nothing frame worthy. It doesn't really help that neither of us is particularly photogenic. Our initial reaction when a camera is within 10 feet of us is to sheild our faces...no wonder we don't have any pictures together! As I looked throught the gazillions of vacation pictures that we have taken over the years, they are all of things other than the two of us. Out of the three times that we have been to San Diego, there are about six pictures of Rob on an aircraft carrier...all on the same trip and none of myself! This means that the other two times we snapped about 100 pictures of animals from the zoo!?! Ridiculous! So, I have decided that we are going to make a point to take more pictures of ourselves, especially together. I think that it will make a much stronger memory versus looking back over vacation pictures that are just full of scenery. Now I just have to get Rob on board with me!

2 comments:

Sodermoto said...

You guys are impossible to take picts together. Almost Every time I have tried to get a pict of you guys I get the annoyed look. :) I will look through my pictures and bring what I can to Cali then you can get a copy of them. :)

Amy said...

Oh, so you have been to my favorite zoo! If you're ever in So Cal again, let me know!