What were you doing 10 years ago?
Living in UT getting ready to start my senior year of high school. I forget which job I had at the time. Oh, and I was driving all over in my fun little Toyota Tercel, R.I.P.
5 things on my to-do list today
Laundry
Birthday lunch with some girls from work
Watch Will & Grace DVD's that will arrive today from Netflix
Spend some time on the treadmill
Clean out my car
5 snacks I enjoy
Almonds, string cheese, grape popsicles, peanut M & M's, goldfish crackers
5 bad habits
Whenever I cook I spill all over the stove, I don't dust often enough (I think it's because dusting was always my 'weekly job' growing up and now I am proving something by not doing it???), I shop for things that I don't need and will never use, I constantly leave the computer on all day and overnight, apparently I can be too sarcastic and really need to work on it.
5 places I've lived
Clinton, UT
Redmond, WA
Sammamish, WA
Issaquah, WA
Yreka, CA
5 jobs I've had
ERI - Research Specialist
Bank of America - started as a teller, ended as a manager (which is mostly why I quit...I am NOT management material!)
Bath & Body Works - I only worked there long enough to take advantage of the one time 50% employee discount and then I quit. Shameful, I know...but that really wasn't my plan going in, it just happened to work out that way. I had just moved up to Seattle and started applying for jobs. They hired me on the spot and BOA hired me a week later.
Oshman's - Customer service/cashiering/travel to other stores to set them up for opening.
Citigroup - Account Manager, lots of time on the phone...I don't like spending lots of time on the phone.
My favorite high school job was at Dilly Dally's. I know that is six jobs, but I just couldn't leave this one out! I don't remember exactly why, but I LOVED the polo shirts we had to wear there.
5 things people don't know about me
While my regular penmanship is questionable, I am great at writing backwards - as in, if it were held up to a mirror it would be readable. I don't know why we started it, but my friend Erin and I would write notes back and forth to each other like this in Junior High. Amazingly it stuck around.
I do not take naps. Even when I was younger, I didn't nap. While my brothers were napping my Mom would give me a stack of books and I couldn't come out of my room until I read them all. My poor Mom probably never got a break from me!
When I was about 12 or so I would beg my parents to let me do the grocery shopping for our family by myself. They finally gave in. My Dad would drop me off with a list and blank check, I would do the shopping and he would pick me up an hour later. It sounds really weird, I know. To this day, I don't know why I liked to do it so much, but I was good at it.
I have a large jagged scar that spans the width of my left knee. When I was about eight years old I was playing on the Slip and Slide in our front yard with my brothers and we moved the slide to get optimum slip going and just happened to place it over one of our automatic sprinklers. I got a running start, jumped and started sliding...right over the sprinkler head that sliced through my skin right down to the bone. It was quite disgusting. I got about 20 stitches and had to wear a brace the length of my leg all summer long to keep me from bending my knee and popping the gash back open.
I absolutely cannot sleep without my eye mask. I have to have complete darkness and silence in order to fall asleep. Rob laughs at me and calls me Zorro, but there is nothing funny about it to me. I take my sleep very seriously! :)
5 people I would like to tag
How about anyone and everyone...
Thanks for the tag! I look forward to reading it on other blogs...
Living in UT getting ready to start my senior year of high school. I forget which job I had at the time. Oh, and I was driving all over in my fun little Toyota Tercel, R.I.P.
5 things on my to-do list today
Laundry
Birthday lunch with some girls from work
Watch Will & Grace DVD's that will arrive today from Netflix
Spend some time on the treadmill
Clean out my car
5 snacks I enjoy
Almonds, string cheese, grape popsicles, peanut M & M's, goldfish crackers
5 bad habits
Whenever I cook I spill all over the stove, I don't dust often enough (I think it's because dusting was always my 'weekly job' growing up and now I am proving something by not doing it???), I shop for things that I don't need and will never use, I constantly leave the computer on all day and overnight, apparently I can be too sarcastic and really need to work on it.
5 places I've lived
Clinton, UT
Redmond, WA
Sammamish, WA
Issaquah, WA
Yreka, CA
5 jobs I've had
ERI - Research Specialist
Bank of America - started as a teller, ended as a manager (which is mostly why I quit...I am NOT management material!)
Bath & Body Works - I only worked there long enough to take advantage of the one time 50% employee discount and then I quit. Shameful, I know...but that really wasn't my plan going in, it just happened to work out that way. I had just moved up to Seattle and started applying for jobs. They hired me on the spot and BOA hired me a week later.
Oshman's - Customer service/cashiering/travel to other stores to set them up for opening.
Citigroup - Account Manager, lots of time on the phone...I don't like spending lots of time on the phone.
My favorite high school job was at Dilly Dally's. I know that is six jobs, but I just couldn't leave this one out! I don't remember exactly why, but I LOVED the polo shirts we had to wear there.
5 things people don't know about me
While my regular penmanship is questionable, I am great at writing backwards - as in, if it were held up to a mirror it would be readable. I don't know why we started it, but my friend Erin and I would write notes back and forth to each other like this in Junior High. Amazingly it stuck around.
I do not take naps. Even when I was younger, I didn't nap. While my brothers were napping my Mom would give me a stack of books and I couldn't come out of my room until I read them all. My poor Mom probably never got a break from me!
When I was about 12 or so I would beg my parents to let me do the grocery shopping for our family by myself. They finally gave in. My Dad would drop me off with a list and blank check, I would do the shopping and he would pick me up an hour later. It sounds really weird, I know. To this day, I don't know why I liked to do it so much, but I was good at it.
I have a large jagged scar that spans the width of my left knee. When I was about eight years old I was playing on the Slip and Slide in our front yard with my brothers and we moved the slide to get optimum slip going and just happened to place it over one of our automatic sprinklers. I got a running start, jumped and started sliding...right over the sprinkler head that sliced through my skin right down to the bone. It was quite disgusting. I got about 20 stitches and had to wear a brace the length of my leg all summer long to keep me from bending my knee and popping the gash back open.
I absolutely cannot sleep without my eye mask. I have to have complete darkness and silence in order to fall asleep. Rob laughs at me and calls me Zorro, but there is nothing funny about it to me. I take my sleep very seriously! :)
5 people I would like to tag
How about anyone and everyone...
Thanks for the tag! I look forward to reading it on other blogs...


1 comment:
I worked at Bath & Body Works too. I was hired as Christmas help and then they immediately promoted me to a Sales Lead. Then I got knocked up and quit about 8 months later.
Post a Comment